Essay Questions: Choose one of the following:
1. Assume that you have unlimited resources and scientific expertise to create a new scientific technology, or markedly improve an existing technology. What would it be and how would you apply this technology to benefit humanity?
2. At the root of science fiction stories and characters is a scientific idea that has been stretched beyond what is humanly possible. Assume the constraints of reality have been removed, and you can use science to give yourself a superpower. What would this superpower be, and why would you want it?
A commentary of 750 (or fewer) words on a Newswire articles linked from The Rockefeller University’s Home Page (http://newswire.rockefeller.edu/). Please address the following questions:
How would you explain this work to a 5th grade student? Keep in mind that the language being used should be accessible.
· What interests you about the research discussed in this article?
· What would you do next if you were the researcher?
· What are the broader implications of this research?
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly